Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation with Dr. Dobbs taking time to understand your medical history and current needs. Dr. Dobbs will spend time explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Many of our patients have complex medical histories or treatment plans may require an initial evaluation and further work up prior to any surgical procedures. In most cases a second appointment to provide treatment on another day is needed. This also allows for us to maximize the use of your medical and/or dental insurances by obtaining the necessary pre-authorizations.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation and procedure visits.
A preoperative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
1. Prior to your first appointment, please fill out the online patient registration form so that Dr. Dobbs can be informed about your past medical/dental history and any current medications you are taking: https://www.saddlerockinstitute.com/patient-information/patient-registration
2. Please bring a photo identification and your dental and medical insurance cards to your first appointment. Masks are required as a medical/dental office that serves many immunosuppressed patients.
3. Please contact your referring providers office to have them send a referral, any pertinent medical/dental records and imaging/xrays for your visit to [email protected] and we will upload them to your chart.
For CBCT scans, CT scans or MRI’s please bring a disc or drive with the full scan on it for our review. If additional films are necessary they may be taken at our facility or a prescription for a scan will be given to you to obtain at a local imaging facility. If there is not enough time prior to your visit, please pick them up and bring them to our office for your appointment.
4. Our consent to treat form, notice of our billing practices, and notice of our privacy practices form are all located on our website to review before your first visit: https://www.saddlerockinstitute.com/patient-information/patient-privacy-policy/
You will sign these consents in the office when you check in at your first appointment.
5. If you are scheduled for a TMJ (temporomandibular joint) or Orthognathic (jaw surgery) consultation, it is your responsibility to check with your specific insurance plan that you have TMJ or Orthognathic benefits prior to your visit. Medical insurance can show Dr. Dobbs as an in-network provider with your plan but not cover your visit if your plan does not have TMJ or Orthognathic coverage.
Thank you for your help. Please contact the office if you have any questions at 720-826-8900.